Friday, August 29, 2008

Thank God for College Football

Hello folks and welcome to the 2nd edition of Glenn's Random Thoughts. Let's get right to it.


Glenn's First Random Thought: Well, I am glad to see the Olympics go so that we can get back to regular television. I say that, but as soon as the Olympics were over we went right into the Democratic National Convention on every cable channel. Talk about reality TV. What a dog and pony show that was. I would rather watch re-runs of "The Golden Girls" than watch that mess. Remember these hot chicks? My favorite was the old grandma.... so spunky.









Glenn's Second Random Thought: Folks, it is time for college football and I am going to give you a couple of predictions for our hometown teams.

First, the Warhawks of LA Monroe travel to The Plains to take on the mighty Auburn Tigers. I am leaving in the morning heading to the game. I can't wait to see Auburn's new spread offense. Last year, the Warhawks surprised Bammer and stole a win in T-Town but I don't expect Auburn to have the same misfortune. I see Auburn putting up 30 points before halftime with their new spread offense and winning big in this one, 45-3.



On the other side of the state, the mighty Elephants of Bammer travel to Hot-Lanta to battle the Clemson Tigers. Clemson is lead by two outstanding running backs that are fast as lightning when they play on turf. Bama is lead by QB John Parker Wilson and the highly touted freshman Julio Jones. Word is that Julio is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself. Reports out of Tuscaloosa have it that the NCAA has decided to go ahead and award Julio with the Heisman Trophy before season even starts because of how good he is. I also heard that Clemson went out and recruited the two cornerbacks for Prattville High School that shut down Julio in the second round of the AHSAA playoffs last year, so I don't see Julio as a big threat in this game. I think JPW will throw at least 7 interceptions and I see Clemson taking care of business 33-10. Below is a picture of Coach Saban and Julio boarding the team bus to Atlanta.






Glenn's Third Random Thought: There is no way you can tell me that these girls were old enough to compete in the Olympics.







Glenn's Final Random Thought: Why is it called a "Driveway" when you park your car there? And why is it called a "Parkway" when you drive on it? Shouldn't it be the other way around?




Well, that's all for this edition of "Glenn's Random Thoughts." Until next time, Be Sweet Ya'll.




1 comment:

Jessica Azar said...

Glen Glen Glen, I do have to give you credit, you had the score almost exact for the Bama game all that was missing is the two point conversion you forgot about, and a Bama win also that Bama would shut down the best running back DUO in the nation, to win 34-10. One other thing, it took 18% of the prattville team to shut down Julio by the way. As for Auburn, good thing they talked their way out of playing in MOrgantown to open the season, and played LaMO. Yeah Yeah they beat bama last year I know. Isn't a spread offense supposed to be high scoring, fast paced. AU scored 20 points on offense. Maybe Auburn should field an ultimate fighting team they have grasped that concept well I hear. Alright man as I step off my small but sturdy soap box, keep the random thoughts coming and always remember, Aim for the moon for when you miss you will sit among the Auburn fans. By the way I had a great time at the golf tournament, we need to get together more often and play golf.

ZACK AZAR Roll Tide... (for now)
P.S. This is all in good fun ya know!